Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hello World!

My name is Finn. I highly doubt anyone except for a few friends is reading this but I will just write as if I might be of some help or entertainment to someone. I am a student at CSUMB studying anthropology and I thought I would just give this a try. I was born a female but I consider myself to be male. I thought I would document my transition via blog.

I actually came out to my parents a few months ago. Well actually what happened was that I slipped up while talking to my mom and it resulted in me having to come out to her sooner than I was ready to and, as she did when I told her about my attraction towards girls, she relayed it to my dad because we don't really talk about stuff like this.

Anyway, I told her and when she didn't immediately kick me out I thought everything was going to be perfect. I wasn't quite right in that. She didn't turn evil on me or anything but she has not yet to call me Finn or by any male pronouns and it doesn't seem like she's trying. She always says "missy" and "my daughter" and "your sister" (when talking to my sister) and all those other things that just really get under my skin. I have confronted her about this but she just brushes it off. I know it isn't easy but it's not easy for me to stay like this, being someone who is nowhere near the real me. I had to be that for almost 20 years and I can't do it anymore.

So, in about two weeks I move in to an apartment near my college and I am hoping to see a therapist/counselor person up in Monterey. My mom has even mentioned that a few times, although what was running through her head may have been something more like "I hope the therapist can talk her out of this". So, anyway I think that's enough about that for now, but don't be surprised to find more rants about my mom later on. If I continue posting, that is.

Well I came out to one of my best friends a few weeks or so before I came out to my mom. She was totally cool with it and she is awesome. I haven't been able to talk about being trans with her that much though but that probably has to do with the fact that she is super busy with work and school and lives a bit aways from me.

I also came out to my soon to be roommate about a week ago and she was totally okay with it. I am a little worried, though, because I am used to people stabbing me in the back because high school was so great! But I will come back to that after I get to know her in person some more.

I am pre-everything, obviously, and it sucks. I don't even have a binder yet and I haven't cut my hair in a while because, frankly, it terrifies me. Maybe I will post something another day about the horrors of Supercuts, but right now lets leave it at that because it is getting a little late. If anyone is actually reading this and has any questions feel free to ask in the comments or by email (if it shows up in my profile) or carrier pigeon. Whatever works!

No comments:

Post a Comment