Saturday, September 25, 2010

First Day of Therapy!

So I just got back from my first therapy appointment and it was good. She's really nice and actually has a sense of humor (for whatever reason I thought it was going to be q and a and her writing stuff down, which it was but it wasn't just that). We talked about stuff and she said I probably definitively have Gender Identity Disorder. She did briefly talk about how she thought it was not right how that was even in the DSM just like how homosexuality was once in there, so that was good. She referred me to a support group that's around my area and I am considering going. I have a lot on my plate in regards to school but I know that it will probably be best if I do go because it will help with a few things and make it easier to deal with school.

I have another appointment with her next week at 9 am. Bleh! I hate mornings but you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't really know what else to write except that I am so far happy with her as being my therapist. She is totally cool. She did mess up my name but that's because cell phone's aren't totally clear so she called me Sin when I got there. That is an odd name. But I corrected her and she continued calling me Finn which was awesome! I think that's everything for now. If I think of anything else I'll post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment